What is the best medication for a hiatal hernia. I take pepsid 20 bid but my stomach seems to burn 24/7 with occ. Reflux at night. Nexium (esomeprazole) didn't help.?

In brief: Many
There are other medications that can be utilized.
Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) is one that has become popular for better control of reflux. You might want to talk to a surgeon about getting this fixed if it is causing that much of an issue.

In brief: Many
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Hiatal hernia
The pain from a hiatal hernia is caused by pressure from the stomach, often after a large meal, pushing on the diaphragm. Acid may be a partial source of the pain, but will not be the sole treatment.
Eating small meals, eating more often, and not lying down after you eat are the initial ways to help the pain. Late night snacks taste good, but will cause intense pain for the hiatal hernia.

In brief: Hiatal hernia
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery