I have had tennis elbow for over a year and had multiple treatments for it including cortisone shots, tens. And ultrasonic. My doctor said surgery.? .

May be true. Tennis elbow symptoms usually resolve in a year. If treatment doesn't include stretching and strengthening programs, symptoms often recur. Steroid injections can provide relief, but do not cure. Multiple injections can result in elbow instability. If symptoms persist more than 18 months (assuming correct diagnosis) despite a comprehensive rehab program, surgery my be indicated.
Tennis elbow outcome. 90% of tennis elbow symptoms resolve by 12 months. About 30% will have a temporary and not as severe relapse within the next 3 years. If persistent symptoms limit activities at one year, surgery will deliver 85-90% cure, but it still takes time (3-4mo) after surgery to return to stressful activities. While steroid injections can help early (50% by 6 wks.) they do not improve outcomes at 1 year.
Second opinion. I would first get a second opinion. Then, i might make an appointment with a specialist in physical medicine some possible additional rehab. I guess it depends how much your condition impairs you and what you want to do. I also would want the surgeon to give me some idea about the success rate for the operation.