Is tbere any way to lose tennis elbow?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Many ways

Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) can be treated in a number of ways.
Some include: anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, manipulation therapy, using a tennis elbow band (available at your tennis store), strengthening exercises, massage therapy, ice and/or heat, and others. See my health guide for tennis elbow exercises.

In brief: Many ways

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Christopher Breen
General Practice

In brief: Rest

The best advise is to take a break from tennis.
The attachment of the muscles that you use to play tennis is becoming inflamed and needs time to heal. Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen can be used for the pain and to reduce the inflammation. (there are also some manipulative techniques that may be able to help you if you happen to see a D.O.).

In brief: Rest

Christopher Breen
Christopher Breen
Answer assisted by Christopher Breen, Medical Student