Why is synthetic marijuana legal? I know its because its synthetic, but doesn't it have the same effect as marijuana? So why is it legal?

History. Why is alcohol legal? Harm to one's health is not the only deciding factor in determining what is legal in the USA. Synthetic marijuana theoretically avoids the street culture of growers and dealers. Some states consider growing medical marijuana legal but the federal government says they will still prosecute in states where it is legal. This issue is not clear at all for docs and patients.
Synthetic marijuana. There are a number of states where deaths have occurred from using this drug, that are working toward make this illegal, and a few states have already accomplished this. As with any designer drug there are often unintended and dangerous side effects. This drug should be illegal everywhere.