Recently I cut the back if my hand only about an inch long incision, a couple of days later my arm hurts 8 in. Above the wound. Why is this.?

Dr. Meenakshi Patel
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Possible cellulitis

You may have developed an infection called cellulitis if your arm is red and painful see a physician as soon as possible.

In brief: Possible cellulitis

Dr. Meenakshi Patel
Dr. Meenakshi Patel
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Could be a problem

This is not typical.
It may be referred pain from an injured nerve or it could be a retracted tendon that was completely transectected. There may be other possibilities as well. In the case of a tendon laceration you may have associated weakness of lifting the wrist or one or more of the fingers. You should see a physician for evaluation.

In brief: Could be a problem

This is not typical.
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Vicken Poochikian