How old do you have to be to use a tampon... Because my mom thinks that I should be older... By the way, my mom is Asian so she is a bit strict.......?

Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Need communication

If you are asking the question personally as it appears, you may be old enough as you seem aware of your body and options.
But cultural issues are very important, as are the ability to communicate openly between mother and daughter. Once you start having your period is often a reasonable time to look at options; in your case, it may help to have you and your mother talk with your physician.

In brief: Need communication

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Adam Levy