My dad also have sarcoidosis and now need to get oporetion for prostate cancer. Is the oporetion and the anaeathesia risking person with sarcoidosis?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Lung function

The magnitude of risk depends on the degree of activity of sarcoidosis and his current lung function.
If it is dormant and his lung function is normal, there should be no additional risk. If his lung function is severely compromised anesthesia could be very risky. His doctor is the best judge.

In brief: Lung function

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem

In brief: Preoperative check

Sarcoidosis is a disease that causes granulomas to form in different parts of body typically the lungs and skin.
There are associations with urologic diseases primarily kidney stones. I do know any association with prostate cancer. As for surgery risk, that would best be determined by an anesthesiologist prior to his procedure.

In brief: Preoperative check

Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Marsha Davis