My dad also have sarcoidosis and now need to get oporetion for prostate cancer. Is the oporetion and the anaeathesia risking person with sarcoidosis?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Lung function
The magnitude of risk depends on the degree of activity of sarcoidosis and his current lung function.
If it is dormant and his lung function is normal, there should be no additional risk. If his lung function is severely compromised anesthesia could be very risky. His doctor is the best judge.

In brief: Lung function
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
In brief: Preoperative check
Sarcoidosis is a disease that causes granulomas to form in different parts of body typically the lungs and skin.
There are associations with urologic diseases primarily kidney stones. I do know any association with prostate cancer. As for surgery risk, that would best be determined by an anesthesiologist prior to his procedure.

In brief: Preoperative check
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Matthew Thom
Dr. Adam Smith