My c reactive protein was 4.5 (0 to 5) and my sed rate was 25 (0 to 20) what can I do to reduce inflammation?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Find the source!

Inflammation increases risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, neuro-degenerative disease & accelerates the aging process.
The big question is what is the source of the inflammation? It can be related to autoimmune disease like arthritis but also is often caused by chronic low-grade infections such as sinusitis & dental infections/periodontitis. Diet can also influence inflammation. See comment:.

In brief: Find the source!

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
3 comments
Dr. Randy Baker
A diet high in sugars/starches, fried foods and meat increases inflammation, whereas fruits/veggies/fish oil reduce inflammation- see http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02012/anti-inflammatory-diet . Many herbs like curcumin, boswellia, and ginger reduce inflammation as well. But it is best to identify and treat the source of inflammation- a good doctor should help you sort this out.
Dr. Randy Baker
Congratulations on following such a healthy diet! It still seems likely there is some hidden infection in your system. If you have any root canals, they often harbor chronic low-grade infections that don't cause pain. Detecting the source of a hidden infection can be a challenge. There are some non-traditional diagnostic techniques, like Computerized Regulation Thermography, that may help. More:
Dr. Vicken Poochikian