How can I best take care of a herniated disk?

Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine

In brief: Many

As long as there is no neurological damage (numbness or weakness or bowel/bladder dysfunction), then you can start with daily stretching and core strengthening exercises.
Pt or chiropractic care can help. Cortisone injections are popular. Surgery if all else fails.

In brief: Many

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Core Exercises

Typically core strengthening exercises are the best to help relieve pressure and forces in the spine.
I would try and google some or look them up on youtube to see descriptions. If you can do them yourself, wonderful otherwise ask your doctor to get a referral to a good physical therapist for further assistance.

In brief: Core Exercises

Dr. Vikram Patel