What should I do about dry cracked feet?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Lotion daily.
Skin is mostly water. As it dries, it shrinks and cracks.
Use a good cream daily. If that is not adequate, an rx containing urea is very helpful. See your foot specialist if problems persists.

In brief: Lotion daily.
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
In brief: Dry feet
Depending on where the dryness is can help with this discussion.
If it is on the bottom of the foot, it could represent of chronic fungal infection. Around the heels it could be part of hormonal changes in women or inadequate intake of essential fatty acids. Best to know what it is before you try to treat the symptoms.

In brief: Dry feet
Dr. Robert Kornfeld
Dr. Robert Kornfeld
Dr. Gary Greenly
In brief: Common condition
Try two products, which were originally introduced as veterinary products, and are available on line or in local pharmacy's as emollients.
One is called "utter butter" originally used for the same condition on cows "utters" and the other is branded as "bag balm." both are relatively inexpensive, and very effective. Unfortunately this is usually a long term problem, and there is no permanent fix.

In brief: Common condition
Dr. Gary Greenly
Dr. Gary Greenly
In brief: Moisturizing lotions
I like water-based moisturizing lotions.
My favorites are dml lotion and dml forte cream. These are water based, and don't have any fragrences or colorings that could cause skin irritations. http://www.personandcovey.com/productdetail.asp?productid=19.

In brief: Moisturizing lotions
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Vicken Poochikian