I wake up in the am . My sugar high then I taje my meds then its okay. ?

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Not ideal

The regimen for patients with diabetes should control blood sugars adequately, so that first am (fasting) bgs are in the normal range, ideally 80-120.
The timing of meds around this reading is less important than the reading itself which, if high, indicates a likely need for modification to diet, exercise, meds, or all three.

In brief: Not ideal

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: See md

This is exactly what you would address at a visit with your pcp or endocrinologist- bc an answer that would truly benefit you requires knowing a lot more information about you than is possible in this online format.

In brief: See md

Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Robert Dons
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Need more specifics

Is the medicine insulin/ are you just about to eat? Are going to exercise before you eat.
? Are your sugars usually "high" when you arise or is that an exception? What is a 'high' sugar? Do you count carbohydrates? When do you next check your blood sugar? If on Insulin fasting sugars less than 100 can be too low. Tell us more tell us more.

In brief: Need more specifics

Dr. Robert Dons
Dr. Robert Dons
Dr. Arnon Rubin