Is my baby more likely to be allergic to some foods than others?

Dr. Douglas Tzanetos
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
Only 6 to 8% of children will have a food allergy at some point in their life, and many of these are outgrown.
80% of food allergies are to one of the "big 8" foods: milk, egg, wheat, soy, peanut, tree nuts, fish, or shellfish. I would not advise avoiding any of these foods preemptively since food allergy is not very common but rather introduce them when age appropriate.

Dr. Douglas Tzanetos
Dr. Douglas Tzanetos
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Most food allergies are to only a handful of different foods: milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanut, treenuts, fish, shellfish.
Other food allergies are possible, but they're uncommon. If parents or siblings have food allergies, it increases the risk of allergies in general, but not the specific risk of allergy to those same specific foods.

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Shontae Buffington