Infertility. Test results from a cholmid challenge test were a 16.5. I was told I have a 1% chance to have a "live birth". How accurate is this test?

Dr. Samuel Pauli
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Fairly Accurate

16.
5 probably refers to your fsh, regardless if it was done on day 3 or day 10, 16.5 would predict a poor response to treatment. It doesn't mean you cannot get pregnant, but suggests there is diminished ovarian function. Chance of pregnancy depends on your age as well as other factors. If you are over 40, the chances are less than 5% perhaps < 1%, if you are in your early 30s chances are better.

In brief: Fairly Accurate

16.
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: CCT FSH 16.5

I agree with dr pauli.
Let me add that FSH results vary by lab and the success rate at each clinic is different. I use the cct to make sure of highest value. Delivery rates at my center for 16.5 rage from 0% at 43= yrs to 53% at <35 yrs. You may want to check with other clinics but they will be guessing because the tests were done elsewhere. I hope this helps a bit. See http://bit.Ly/z4ftwy.

In brief: CCT FSH 16.5

I agree with dr pauli.
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Adam Levy