If it takes 3 5 days fora womans breastmilk to come in and the nurse says my baby is losing too much weight and I should use formula? I want to bfeed

Dr. Glenn Skow
In brief: You can do both
It is normal for newborns to lose weight immediately after birth.
They usually regain this weight within 2 weeks. On average we expect infants to gain about 0.5 pound a week. Your doctor will use growth charts on each visit to be sure they are growing appropriately. You can supplement some formula into the diet but see your doc if not gaining or even losing weight.

In brief: You can do both
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Baby's Health is 1st
Yes it is important to breast feed which is the best for your child.
But bthe number 1 priority is your child's health! breastfeeding is number 2. Before making this decision, talk to your pediatrician.

In brief: Baby's Health is 1st
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster