What can I do if my baby will only sleep on his tummy?

Dr. Scott Katz

In brief: Back to Sleep

An infant should not be put to sleep on their tummy as it increases the risk for sids by a factor of 5.
Your baby can and will learn to sleep on their back. You just need to be firm, consistent and patient. Not only will they sleep better, you will have more authority with your child down the road.

In brief: Back to Sleep

Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz

In brief: Depends on age

Under 3-4 months of age, start baby on his/her back at naptime using an infant seat as a temporary transition tool if needed.
After 4-5 months the sids risk has faded considerably & they can turn over anyway so i put them down on their back and let them decide how they will sleep.

In brief: Depends on age

Dr. Shontae Buffington