How does Depo-Provera ortha vera affect females?

Contraception. Depo-provera (an injection) is mainly used as a long-acting contraceptive in women. It usually also causes your periods to go away, sometimes for months, along with some other symptoms related to monthly cycling. It does increase metabolism but things that increase metabolism tend to increase appetite too. So if you have a weight problem it may make that worse.
Depo. I think you may be pertaining to depo-provera. If this is the one it affects females in many ways, mainly metabolic. At first injection, it gives you a very erratic bleed, sometimes everyday for the first month or two. It is given every 3 months and after a few doses, your periods disappear. It may make you gain weight, give you oily skin, may aggravate depresssion and more. Read up on it more.