Is it true that your face breaks out when your pregnant? I thought your face gets clear instead

Danielle Jones
In brief: Depends
The way a body reacts to pregnancy is highly dependent on the individual.
Many women who have hormonal acne that comes and goes with particular times in their cycle will notice clearing of skin during pregnancy. Other women notice a significant increase in acne during pregnancy. It's impossible to tell how your body will react unless you've been pregnant before.

In brief: Depends
Danielle Jones
Danielle Jones
Answer assisted by Danielle Jones, Medical Student
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology
In brief: FACE PREGNANT ACNE
I have noted that prenatal vitamins can sometimes be the cause of acne breakouts.
Check with your obstetrician.

In brief: FACE PREGNANT ACNE
Check with your obstetrician.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt