Could a possible UTI make you pee alot, or is there another reason why? It feels like I hold my pee for days when I use the bathroom what could it be

Dr. Gregory Fehr
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Peeing
If you have a bladder infection, you tend to pee alot (frequency), or not much (hesitancy) but in any case get a blood sugar for diabetes and a urinealasis for infection.

In brief: Peeing
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Gregory Fehr
In brief: UTI frequency
Yes a urinary tract infection or UTI will often present as frequency burning bladder pain and sometime blood in the urine.
However holding your urine for a long time is not good bathroom behavior and can cause irritability in your bladder as well as long term bladder dysfunction. You should normally empty your bladder every 4-6h and don't hold off urination if you don't have to.

In brief: UTI frequency
Dr. Michael Louie
Dr. Michael Louie
Dr. Jane Van Dis