The medication called Abilify (aripiprazole) - can it cause seizures and low white blood cell count - what happens when you wean off the medication?

Abilify (aripiprazole) side effects. It can cause seizures in less than 1% of people taking it. Lowered white blood cell count has also been reported but even more rarely. If you slowly taper it under the supervision of your md, there should be little problem. Of course recurrence of the symptoms for which you are taking it could occur. Also, since it affects serotonin symptoms of serotonin discontinuation could occur - even later.
Yes. Abilify (aripiprazole) can cause low white blood cell count and sezures. Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, which can mimic seizures, can happen, associated with muscle rigidity, fever and shaking. You should taper it off slowly as directed by your physician, preferably a psychiatrist. After it is weaned off, you should discuss the alternative management of the condition for which Abilify (aripiprazole) was initiated.