A couple months ago I was on my period and when I pulled the tampon out there was flesh on it, the flesh was pink and red all over. Whats it mean?

Dr. Gregory Fehr
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Endometrial tissue

This is probably normal "fallout" of a piece of endometrial tissue.
Make sure you have your annual gyn exam and pap smears, to rule out other causes such as cervical cancer.

In brief: Endometrial tissue

Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Elizabeth Black

In brief: Probably ok

This has happened to most women on occasion.
There is sometimes some tissue that sheds along with the uterine lining and can be noticed on tampons. However, if you have significant pain that is recurrent or persistent, fever, abnormal cycles, or discharge, you should certainly be evaluated.

In brief: Probably ok

Dr. Elizabeth Black
Dr. Elizabeth Black
Dr. Adam Levy