If I have tendonitis in my arm, is it normal for my hand to be tingly?

Dr. Bennett Burns
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

Tendonitis is inflammation of the tendons- these are often painful, especially when stretched.
Tingling usually means an irritated nerve. There may be many causes, and it is important to have it checked, especially if increasing in severity or frequency. The inflamed tendons or their sheaths may be passing through a narrow area (such as the carpal or cubital tunnels) pinching nerves, get it chekd.

In brief: No

Dr. Bennett Burns
Dr. Bennett Burns
Dr. Belis Aladag

In brief: Not necessarily

Having tingling or numbness sensations known as paresthesias are more likely symptoms of nerve problems.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Belis Aladag
Dr. Belis Aladag
Dr. Christopher Nicora

In brief: Tendonitis

I would seek out another diagnosis if you have "paresthesias" in your hand.
This numbness and tingling in your hand can be carpal tunnel or eminating from your upper spine. See you primary care dr.

In brief: Tendonitis

Dr. Christopher Nicora
Dr. Christopher Nicora
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Emergency Medicine

If you have a "tennis elbow" oin will radiate down the dorsum of the hand and you'll also have a weaj grip.
Try a non steroidal anti-inflamatory, and a tennis elbow strap over the forearm (not the elbow) along with rest. It may take weeks to start getting better.

Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Gregory Fehr

In brief: Doctor to evaluate

Because there are many muscles and tendons in the arm, inflammation near where they attach to bones will cause swelling, warmth, pain, numbness, tingling, etc.
.. The inflammation is tendinitis. Sometimes the inflammation presses on or irritates certain nerves, and doctors may have to do procedures to take the pressure off of a nerve. A neurologist, physical medicine dr. Or orthopedic dr. Can help.

In brief: Doctor to evaluate

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine