What should I do if my 8 month old swells from a flea bite?

In brief: Insect Bite
If there is itching you can give Benadryl (diphenhydramine) liquid by mouth.
Applying calamine lotion or aveeno anti-itch cream with calamine are also helpful.If you see signs of infection see the doctor.

In brief: Insect Bite
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Richard Feinstein
Dermatology
In brief: Get rid of the fleas
Many insects bite humans, and the may produce swelling, itching and inflammation based upon how allergic that person is to the insect saliva.
The best way is to protect the chil fromthe insect, by trying to kill the fleas, and/or by using clothing and insect repellants to keep the fleas from biting the child. If the insects have bitten, use Hydrocortisone cream 1%, and Benadryl (diphenhydramine) syrup.

In brief: Get rid of the fleas
Dr. Richard Feinstein
Dr. Richard Feinstein
Dr. Shontae Buffington