My left foot hurts when I wake up or walk after sitting since 5 months. When I am walking it does not hurt?

Dr. Bennett Burns
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Plantar faciitis

What you describe sounds like plantar fasciitis- a condition where the sole of the foot by the heel is inflamed.
Typically the first step of the day feels like a nail driven into the heel. Stretching helps, as do night splints. However other disorders (tarsal tunnel and stress fractures) can present the same way. An orthopedist specializing in foot and ankle can sort these out and start therapy.

In brief: Plantar faciitis

Dr. Bennett Burns
Dr. Bennett Burns
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Actually, a podiatrist might be very helpful, as this is often a mechanical problem which needs treatment other than surgery
Dr. Kenneth Gati
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Plantar Fascitis

If the pain your are experiencing is on the bottom of your heel then it could be plantar fascitis.
The pain is usually present with the first steps in the morning or after sitting for a while. If this is what you are experiencing this can be treated with some simple stretching exercises and nsaids.

In brief: Plantar Fascitis

Dr. Kenneth Gati
Dr. Kenneth Gati
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Emergency Medicine

In brief: PAD

See your dr and make sure you got good circulation in your leg (foot).

In brief: PAD

Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Andrea Brand