My left foot hurts when I wake up or walk after sitting since 5 months. When I am walking it does not hurt?

Dr. Bennett Burns
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Plantar faciitis
What you describe sounds like plantar fasciitis- a condition where the sole of the foot by the heel is inflamed.
Typically the first step of the day feels like a nail driven into the heel. Stretching helps, as do night splints. However other disorders (tarsal tunnel and stress fractures) can present the same way. An orthopedist specializing in foot and ankle can sort these out and start therapy.

In brief: Plantar faciitis
Dr. Bennett Burns
Dr. Bennett Burns
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
Actually, a podiatrist might be very helpful, as this is often a mechanical problem which needs treatment other than surgery
Dr. Kenneth Gati
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Plantar Fascitis
If the pain your are experiencing is on the bottom of your heel then it could be plantar fascitis.
The pain is usually present with the first steps in the morning or after sitting for a while. If this is what you are experiencing this can be treated with some simple stretching exercises and nsaids.

In brief: Plantar Fascitis
Dr. Kenneth Gati
Dr. Kenneth Gati
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Emergency Medicine
In brief: PAD
See your dr and make sure you got good circulation in your leg (foot).

In brief: PAD
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Dr. William Forsythe