Is it ok to take 300mg x 3 cod liver oil tablets a day as a source of dha, epa and omega3? Any side effects? Benefits significant?

Dr. Samuel Hahn
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Unknown
Cod liver oil and other fish oil supplements are fairly good sources of o3fa of which dha and epa are two types.
The exact dietary requirements are unknown. Se's are uncommon but some preps may contain contaminants. There are a lot of purported benefits to o3fa and dha in particular but they are still unsubstantiated . My advice would be to eat more fish on a regular basis and skip the supplements.

In brief: Unknown
Dr. Samuel Hahn
Dr. Samuel Hahn
Dr. Howard Rubin
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Fish oil
Fish oil tablets can lower lupus levels but can increase slightly bleeding risk as side effect.

In brief: Fish oil
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology