Should a 54 year old menopausal woman with no risk factors take estrogen/progesterone and for how long? What are the risks/ benefits as now understood

Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Hrt benefits
The women's health initiative showed that healthy women who are within 10 years of menopause can benefit from HRT for symptoms of menopause, prevention of osteoporosis, dementia, and colon cancer.
How long one stays on HRT depends on how healthy you remain. Traditional medicine says 2-5 years. As an age management md, i say as long as you stay healthy.

In brief: Hrt benefits
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
In brief: Treat symptoms only
There is a small increase 4-6/10, 000 in risk of breast cancer, heart disease, and blood clots associated with hrt(hormone replacement therapy).
On the other side, HRT protects against fractures of hip and spine and alzheimer's disease.The benefit is 4-6/10, 000. There's a strong protection against cataracts, tooth loss, and vaginal dryness. I tell my patients to do what they feel they need to do.

In brief: Treat symptoms only
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Dr. Marsha Davis