I am scared to death to take the meds the dr prescribed. Is 45mg Buspar (buspirone) and 1mg liquid Lexapro high? Can it cause seratonin syndrom? Pls help me.....

Dr. Mark Reynolds

In brief: No problem.

No likelihood of serotonin syndrome.
Buspar (buspirone) 45 mg daily is a very safe dose and it sounds like your doctor is likely aware of you concerns and is trying to very slowly start you on the Lexapro by using the liquid at 1 mg daily (a very low dose).

In brief: No problem.

No likelihood of serotonin syndrome.
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Cyma Khalily
Super low to absolute non therapeutic dose of Lexapro.
Dr. Andrew Malinchak

In brief: Psychiatric meds

45 mg of Buspar (buspirone) is not too much.
It is within the dosing range. A 1mg of Lexapro does not make sense. It doesn't come that way. If you have real concerns about this, please discuss it with your doctor.

In brief: Psychiatric meds

Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Dr. Eric Weisman