My baby has a bad cough, should I be worried?

Dr. Colton Bradshaw
In brief: Yes, if not sleeping
Cough is a natural healthy response to rid lung passages of respiratory irritants--as long as it is occasional and not life altering.
But, if your baby's cough is severe enough to disturb your sleep or hers, then further evaluation is warranted. Also, cough with fever, bloody sputum, persistent vomiting, wheeze, or breathlessness could signal a more serious problem. For these, call your doctor.

In brief: Yes, if not sleeping
Dr. Colton Bradshaw
Dr. Colton Bradshaw
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
In brief: respiratory
If the bay looks ok (eats and sleeps well and does not have a high fever) you can wait and see but if the baby is having any kind of dificulty or she/he is very young you should call your pediatrician, keep it hydrated.

In brief: respiratory
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Patricia Vuguin
Dr. Shontae Buffington