I have a raised mole on my leg which appeared approx 2 years ago and is getting bigger. Do I need to see a doctor?

Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

Any enlarging mole is concerning.
See some of my previous answers for the abcd's of melanoma screening...But regardless, get it evaluated by your pcp or dermatologist for biopsy if it looks concerning.

Any enlarging mole is concerning.
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Definitely

"moles" that change in size and configuration are of serious concern.
If the mole's border is indistinct and irregular and it is multicolored and getting thicker, there is a possibility of melanoma, which can sometimes first appear on the legs. Definitely see your fp or a dermatologist to have the lesion evaluated and/or biopsed or removed.

In brief: Definitely

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis