Why does my Abilify (aripiprazole) make me so tierd, what else should I take for my depression and mood swings?

Drug side effects. Abilify (aripiprazole), (aripiprazole) even though it is well portrayed as an idyllic add-on for resistant depression in the well done tv and print ads, is one of a class of major psychiatric medications called the "atypical antipsychotics." ever member of this class can dope you up and fog you out. The ideal dose of Abilify (aripiprazole) for anti-depressant augementation is in the neighborhood of 2 mg - 5 mg.
Side Effects. Many people experience a range of side effects from medication. If you are unable to tolerate medication, you may want to consider another modality such as transcranial magnetic stimulation (tms).
Good question. Sedation is not a common side effect of abilify (aripiprazole). You may be tired due to depression. It's hard to say. Abilify, (aripiprazole) alone, is not an adequate anti-depressant, but is often used to help typical anti-depressants work. You mention mood swings. The treatment for bipolar disorder is different than for depression alone. You may need to add something, but clarify your diagnosis with a psychiatrist 1st.