I skipped my priod for 2 months, now i.Ve had it for about 2 weeks. I am 42, can this be menopause?

Yes, could be the menopausal state , starting , check with the gynecologist to r/o others problems.

Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Robert Darrow

In brief: Possibly

You should check it out with your physician.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Robert Darrow
Dr. Robert Darrow
Dr. Timothy Gorski

In brief: Probably not!

The average age of menopause is 52 and the main symptom of menopause is fewer or absent periods.
The bleeding pattern you describe is more likely caused by less consistent - or absent - ovulation due to the fact that your ovaries used up the healthiest eggs when you were younger. Depending on circumstances, though, you may have something more serious, esp as you are 42. See your obg doctor!

In brief: Probably not!

Dr. Timothy Gorski
Dr. Timothy Gorski
Dr. Adam Levy