My knee hurts when straighten and when I close it. Would an ACE bandage do any good?

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Swelling?

If the knee is swollen, then both the straightening and bending of the knee beyond 30 degrees causes pain that is due to increased pressures in the knee and stretching of the capsule of the joint.
If you have had a recent injury that has left your knee swollen and painful as you described it, it may be due to soft tissue injury sustained by your ligaments or menisci. Need to be evaluated!

In brief: Swelling?

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Ario Kiarash
Dr. Joyce Vrabec

In brief: Ace bandage

This may give you a little support but won't treat the problem. Keep weight down, exercize, see your physician if symptoms continue you may need pt.

In brief: Ace bandage

Dr. Joyce Vrabec
Dr. Joyce Vrabec
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine