Feels like a lump in my throat?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Lump in throat

A lump in the throat, also called globus sensation, is the persistent sensation of having phlegm or some obstruction in the throat.
It could be due to inflammation related to acid reflux, infection, an ulcer or a mass in the throat. But stress,  associated with anxiety or depression, can tighten up the muscles of the throat, causing this sensation. Should be checked by a doctor.

In brief: Lump in throat

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Lump in my throat

Make sure you see your primary care doctor or ENT specialist first.
If medical reasons are ruled out, you may want to be evaluated for any anxiety spectrum disorders.

In brief: Lump in my throat

Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. William Forsythe