Have sever pain in my neck and shoulders that rums down my right arm into my hand. Now starting on left side. All after C4 & C5 neck surgery. ?

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery
In brief: Talk to your surgeon
This could be postoperative swelling of the nerve, irritation of the nerve from surgery, or other causes.
The best way to know is contact your surgeon. He will best know all the details of your surgery and what you should expect.

In brief: Talk to your surgeon
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Ario Kiarash
The symptoms are not related to the main nerve root that exits at C4-5, it is more likely C5-6, or C6-7 talk to your surgeon and have another evaluation. If the inflammation period is over (3months) you need to be re-evaluated.
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Neurosurgery
In brief: Needs Evaluation
The pain may indicate adjacent segment problem (c5-6) which would typically radiate down to the hand - thumb and index finger. You may need additional imaging to check for this.
It can occur in approximately 25% of patients with cervical fusion over 10 years.

In brief: Needs Evaluation
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Get checked
You would certainly want to make sure your surgeon is aware, especially if you had recent surgery.
There are rare perioperative complications such as epidural abcess or hematoma that can worsen symptoms. If your surgery was some time ago and you initially did well, your problem is most like related to adjacent level disease. Thank you for your question.

In brief: Get checked
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Keegan Duchicela