If we just got back from a trip and my baby is sick, should I have him tested for parasites?

Dr. Sarah Kohl
Travel Medicine

In brief: Maybe

Parasites are common at some destinations (and even in daycare).
Consult your pediatrician if your child has diarrhea or a new skin rash after travel. Remember common illnesses occur commonly, so if your child becomes ill while traveling a viral intestinal illness is more likely than a parasite. Your pediatrician can help you sort it out and order tests if needed.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Get Baby Checked

It is not necessary to check stools for Parasite.
What kind of symptoms your baby has I will suggest you have the baby checked by Pediatrician and let him/her decide if your baby needs any tests

In brief: Get Baby Checked

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Lisa Roberts

In brief: It depends...

Parasite infection is common in certain countries outside of the us.
If your baby is having a lot of abdominal symptoms (nausea, diarrhea, vomiting), it could be a possibility. If your child is having a cough or runny nose, it could be a respiratory infection such as a common cold, flu, or possibly ear infection (especially if he is fussy and feverish). When in doubt, consult your pediatrician.

In brief: It depends...

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Shontae Buffington