Looking for a natropath in my area 19087 for my 3 year old son..Has diagnosis of asthma and is on flovent 2x daily and alberterol prn. Want him off of it!?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Why not an allergist

An allergist can answer several questions.
Does your child have allergic asthma or wheezing triggered by infections? Are there allergen or respiratory irritants in the environment triggering asthma symptoms? Is Flovent the best medication for your child? If it is are you using the right dose or does it need to be used daily? I think this will address your concerns.

In brief: Why not an allergist

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Adding omega-3 fatty acid to diet may bring some improvement if you are consistent over 8-10 months. The omega 3's are involved in the leukotriene pathways that contribute to asthma and allergies. Young asthmatics also tend to somatic dysfunction in their ribs, a result of a viscerosomatic reflex phenomenon. OMT can help which then helps any meds needed work better and he may need less.
Dr. Brian Novick

In brief: I understand but...

I am also a parent and understand not wanting your child to take a lot of medication .
.. But breathing well is so important. Why not talk with your allergist about ways you might be able to decrease his medicine usage ?

In brief: I understand but...

Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Great answer
Dr. Jonathan Jassey