When I go out I always think I have forgotton to turn something off ?

Dr. Leonard Lado

In brief: Foegetting

Something simple as this may not mean anything that requires treatment.
It simply states that you are very cautious. However when such thoughts intrude in your daily activity, causes you to repeatdly to check in such a way that even your family notices then it perhaps a good time to see if anxiety and mild forms of compulsive behaviors at at play. The ybocs test online may provide an answer.

In brief: Foegetting

Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. James Fox

In brief: In moderation

This can be a healthy thing to do if it helps to remind you to turn things off.
But if you find yourself repeatedly having to turn back and check, this could be a sign of ocd. With ocd, one has thoughts they know to be irrational and then often have an associated compulsion which relieves the obsessions for a moment. I suggest making an appointment with a psychiatrist to clarify this for you.

In brief: In moderation

Dr. James Fox
Dr. James Fox
Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Might have OCD

Ocd is the doubting disease & could b the cause of your concern--if this bothers u check with a psychiatrist.

In brief: Might have OCD

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Jack Hinkle