Im currently takung aciphex (rabeprazole) for acid reflux. I was also treated for an STD and was given azithromycin. Will the aciphex (rabeprazole) interfere with the zithromax?

Dr. Glenn Skow

In brief: No interaction

There's no interaction as far as I am aware and believe they should be safe to take together.

In brief: No interaction

Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Probably Not

According to the Aciphex website, in clinical trials using combination therapy with rabeprazole plus Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin (which is similar to azithromycin), no adverse reactions unique to this drug combination were observed.

In brief: Probably Not

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Adam Levy