Im currently takung aciphex (rabeprazole) for acid reflux. I was also treated for an STD and was given azithromycin. Will the aciphex (rabeprazole) interfere with the zithromax?

Dr. Glenn Skow
In brief: No interaction
There's no interaction as far as I am aware and believe they should be safe to take together.

In brief: No interaction
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Probably Not
According to the Aciphex website, in clinical trials using combination therapy with rabeprazole plus Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin (which is similar to azithromycin), no adverse reactions unique to this drug combination were observed.

In brief: Probably Not
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Adam Levy