Is it cheaper and more reliable to get a tuvalu reversal or ivf?

Dr. John Jarrett
Fertility Medicine

In brief: IVF is preferrable

Whilte some certain types of tubaligation can be reversed surgically, current ivf success rates suggest that for almost everyone ivf is the procedure of choice.

In brief: IVF is preferrable

Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. John Jarrett
Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Tubal reversal

A tubal reversal is cheaper unless the tubes were cut or cauterized in more than one place.
Ivf is more likely to be successful if the fallopian tubes were damaged by ectopic pregnancies, infection, or are surgically absent.

In brief: Tubal reversal

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Victor Beshay
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Depends

The choice of either methods depends on many factors.
A detailed discussion with your fertility specialist is a must. The type of ligation, your age, presence of other infertility factors, your medical/surgical history, all play a role in the success of treatment. Also cost will differ from one place to another. Based on results you should be able to make an informed decision about the best option.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Victor Beshay
Dr. Victor Beshay
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Reverse tubes or IVF

I agree with many comments but a couple of additional facts.
The average cost of IVF in the US is $12.5k and the average success rate for IVF is age based and ranges from 47% (

In brief: Reverse tubes or IVF

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Reverse BTL or IVF

We do not perform many reversal surgeries these days because ivf is so successful and about the same price.
I think that if you are >= 35 yrs then ivf is likely a better choice, cheaper & more successful. We have refund guarantee financing for ivf too. Some btl surgeries do not reverse well, have doc check op report. Not many docs do many reversals, find experienced surgeon. Good luck.

In brief: Reverse BTL or IVF

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Surgery is cheaper

Unfortunately, in reproductive medicine the movement has been away from tubal reversal surgery due to cost in many places.
In our program the cost/preg rate% is about 1/3 or less for the surgery. We are one of a handful of programs offering laparoscopic tubal reversal surgery in the US with pregnancy rates >90% for those with good ovarian function (in good age ranges).

In brief: Surgery is cheaper

Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Frank Yelian

In brief: No

Compare to mini ivf, tubal reversal is more expensive and higher risks.
Please schedule a free phone consultation with me at 949-788-1133. We would be glad to help you. Dr. Frank, life ivf center.

In brief: No

Dr. Frank Yelian
Dr. Frank Yelian
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: IVF vs reversal

Ivf cycles vary in cost but average around $14, 000 per cycle - with success rates of about 70%.
Tubal reversal will likely cost much more - possibly over $18, 000 - with success rates varying from 40% to 60%. If the tubal reversal does work, you can have as many children as you want with no further procedures. With ivf you have a new procedure, with all the costs, for each pregnancy.

In brief: IVF vs reversal

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham