Can a lab tell the difference between vicodin and norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) in a drug test?

No . Urine, blood, oral mucosa & hair qualitative or quantitative testing for the presence hydrocodone+apap cannot distinguish between the various formulations (e.g. Norco, (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) vicodin, lortab, etc.), at least not for purposes of clinical practice. In forensic cases the distinction may be relevant and may or may not be possible.
Opiate testing. They are both opiates, so the test will detect both of them in the same category.