I am 45 years old and the older I get the worse the bags under my eyes get. Lastnight I had the fan on. And the this morning were worse then normal?

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology

In brief: Time, age, genetics

Unfortunately, as we get older, tissues get weaker. This tissue keeps the fat from bulging in our eyelids.
As we get older, some people have more of a tendency for these fat pads in our lower lids to bulge forward. Sometimes these 'bags' can appear more severe with fluid retention. Most likely turning on the fan was not a direct cause....

In brief: Time, age, genetics

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology

In brief: Aging

The bags under your eyes may relate to fluid retention, and may also tend to be familial.
Do your parents and grandparents also have bags uder their eyes? The dryness from the fan should not play a role in this. If this continues to bother you, an oculoplastics eye md may be able to help.

In brief: Aging

Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. David Sachs
Ophthalmology

In brief: Time

Unfortunately bags under the eyes to some extent are genetic and age related.
See an ophthalmoplastics dr. Who should be able to help you.

In brief: Time

Dr. David Sachs
Dr. David Sachs
Dr. Vicken Poochikian