I noticed a hard lump on my testicle.  what should I do?

Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Agree

And you need to have this lump checked asap.
Testicular cancer is not very common, but it's highly curable when caught early, and very bad when it's not caught early. Some men are reluctant to have it checked because they are afraid of the answer. Reacting with fear and not getting it checked can be a life or death mistake. Have it checked now.

In brief: Agree

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Get checked

Especially if this is a new lump, someone should examine you.
Lumps in the testicle can be cancer, and the earlier it is found the better. Other less serious things can cause lumps, such as infections, changes in blood vessels or other "plumbing" there, but you need to discuss this problem with your physician.

In brief: Get checked

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Checked by urologist

Your lump is cancer until proven otherwise.
Prognosis for testicular cancer diagnosed early is excellent, about 98%. Please do not delay.

In brief: Checked by urologist

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Jack Hinkle