I have really bad breathe. I try flossing, brushing, gum, mints but it just comes back. How can I get rid of it? I have braces, is that a reason why?

In brief: Braces do trap stuff
Halitosis (bad breath) after certain foods or drinks occurs for several reasons.
Chemicals from some foods/drinks diffuse into the flesh in the mouth and throat. These chemicals (odors) keep coming out into the breath for many hours. Some foods/drinks cause odors when in the stomach. Stomach odors will come up through burps, and even without noticeable burps. Some substances stick to the teeth.

In brief: Braces do trap stuff
Dr. Frank Berman
a sinus infection, with the resultant post-nasal drip or gastritis can cause bad breath, too!
Dr. Howard Banner
Dentistry
In brief: Possibly
If you have braces and have ligatures holding the wire on, the elastic material is porous and will harbor debris causing bad breath.
You should also look at brushing your tongue and the possibility of nasal drip or congestion contributing to it.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Howard Banner
Dr. Howard Banner
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dentistry
In brief: Halitosis
In some cases bad breathe is the result of gastric juices and the smell is therefore coming up from the stomach.
Braces can make it more difficult to keep things clean so staying on top of this will help only if the smell is because of your oral hygiene. Consult with your dentist, orthodontist, and physician.

In brief: Halitosis
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Shawn Murray
Dr. Adam Smith