How can I help my husband have a better sex drive while on pain medication?

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: Sex

If there are no contraindications, have your husband see pcp and get a prescription for viagra (sildenafil).
That will work the best.

In brief: Sex

That will work the best.
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Ray Holt

In brief: Check testosterone

It's fairly common that chronic use of opiode derive pain killers like oxycodone and hydrocodone cause a low testosterone level.
This can lead to loss of libido. If he can't get off the meds, check a testosterone level and if low his doctor may replace it. Another thing to think about is chronic pain can cause depression and that can also cause libido loss. His doctor can help with that too.

In brief: Check testosterone

Dr. Ray Holt
Dr. Ray Holt
Dr. Jane Van Dis