Is there anything I can do for back and neck pain? I'm in my teens and the pain is almost intolerable at time, and tends to give me headaches help?

Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: See your doc
Make sure you see your doctor for an evaluation and any diagnostic testing that needs to be done (such as xray to evaluate for scoliosis or stress fracture causing slippage of the bone or other spinal condition, lab work etc).
If your pain is just muscular in origin consider seeing a physical therapist for a stretching and strengthening. Neck pain can definitely trigger headaches. See your md.

In brief: See your doc
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
Dr. Haleh Niknia-Agdassi
3 comments
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Chronic neck and back pain in a teen is unusual. You need to see your doctor.
Dr. James Marx
Agree that neck and back pain in a teen is unusual. Onset in teen years is not unusual especially with a family history of migraine. Also, you need to examine your activites for causes such as cheerleading, gymnastics, or other sports which could be agravating those symptoms. You need to get to doctor for X-Rays and an examination.
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management
In brief: Diagnosis
You need a good workup and medical evaluation to determine what is going on.
There are many potential reasons for your issues, and treatment need to be based on an accurate diagnosis. No easy answers for you at this time. Talk to your doctor and explain all the symptoms you have been experiencing.

In brief: Diagnosis
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Arnon Rubin