I have been breaking out a lot .I am 29yrs old. Why ?

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology

In brief: Many causes

80% of the population suffers from acne.
Acne is multifactorial (many causes) and can appear at any stage of life. (not just teenagers get acne). Causes include: genetics, hormones, stress, environmental factors, skin care and hygiene, sweat from exercise, cosmetics, sunscreens, oil from hair and hair products, diet. There's no cure for acne but a derm can help you get it under control.

In brief: Many causes

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: 29 & ACNE

Could be you diet.
Stop nuts and peanut butter. Stop chocolate; cut down on dairy products. Wash with neutrogena acne wash and apply a bpo (benzoyl peroxide) cream or lotion -- something like clearasil -- on the affected areas at night. If it persists, see a dermatologist who may prescribe an oral antibiotic for you. If you are female, it could also be problems with your periods. Are they normal?

In brief: 29 & ACNE

Could be you diet.
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Lawrence Osman
Dermatology

In brief: Acne in 20's Common

It is fairly common for me to see women in their late 20's and early 30's with new onset acne.
They often say they never had acne as a teen. While we don't know the exact reasons for pimples, we do know that some factors are: skin cells become stuck together and plug pores, oil production increases, and a certain bacteria on the skin increases. Thick creams and heavy makeup can plug pores more.

In brief: Acne in 20's Common

Dr. Lawrence Osman
Dr. Lawrence Osman
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Multiple factors

Causes of acne include diet, stress, hormones, genetics, and oral medications.

In brief: Multiple factors

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher