Ana test positive only for rnp. Rnp value of 2.5, normal range <1.  what does that mean?

Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Interesting question
I have seen a few patients with the exact same situation without apparent signs or symptoms of sle or mctd.
All were female patients young to middle age. I followed their labs periodically. It might be worth researching if anti-rnp can be present in general population or possibly false positive. Very interesting, but i don't have the answer.

In brief: Interesting question
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Anti-Aging Medicine
In brief: More info
Please provide more info! who performed this test and why? This is a highly specific antibody for lupus and mixed connective tissue disease.
It maybe a false positive. What are your symtoms and any meds if you take any!

In brief: More info
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
3 comments
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Do you take hydralazine for high BP?
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
OK. Any other symptoms? And again who ordered these tests?
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: see details
An rnp of only 2.
5 means absolutely nothing. A positive must be evaluated in the context of the clinical symptoms.

In brief: see details
An rnp of only 2.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Peter Kurzweil