How can I tell if my baby has down syndrome?

In brief: Doc should recognise

Down syndrome is one of the most recognizable patterns of any chromosome defect & one that most doctors can recognize.
There are a variety of internet sites with lists of features. If you have concerns you should share them with your physician.

In brief: Doc should recognise

Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: Physical and genetic

Down's syndrome is a genetic disorder having one too many of the 21 chromosome.
Most are detected on the triple screen, followed by genetic testing on amniocentesis. However, there are physical signs to look for: a single palmar crease, very weak musculature, distinct facial features, and heart defects. There are other smaller signs. There will be developmental delay, and other health issues later.

In brief: Physical and genetic

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Cindy Juster