Lump in my throat feels like a small soft marble, I swallow and still there, feels like my throat is swollen, what's wrong and how do I get rid of it?

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: Globus?
The first issue is to determine whether you have an actual mass, or just the sensation of a mass, or globus.
Masses in the throat should always be taken seriously and generally are removed and tested for cancers. Globus can occur on its own, but more often is caused by an underlying condition, with reflux being most common. You need an exam, and go from there based on findings.

In brief: Globus?
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Brian Dorfman
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Many reasons
See your physician for an exam. It can range from infection to tumor. You need to be examined.

In brief: Many reasons
Dr. Brian Dorfman
Dr. Brian Dorfman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine