Is it bad to ovulate on day 5 of my cycle? I have confirmed through basal body temperature that I do occasionally. We are trying to conceive a child.

Dr. Kim Cox
In brief: Ovulation
Basal body temperatures may not be the most accurate way to confirm ovulation.
If you have cycles every 28 days, it almost always take s14 days to prepare the egg for ovulation. I would add to the temperature chart a urine ovulation predictor kit, available over the counter. If your cycles are less or more frequent than 28 days, you may need an evaluation for see why.

In brief: Ovulation
Dr. Kim Cox
Dr. Kim Cox
Dr. Kevin Daus
Get the book Taking Charge of your Fertility and you will be glad you did
Dr. David Finke
In brief: Not bad...
But I do not have a lot of faith in basal temperature charting.
I like my patients to use ovulation predictor kits with ultrasounds to monitor follicle size and growth. If you do ovulate on day 5, you would likely experience very short cycles from 19-22 days from period to period.

In brief: Not bad...
Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham