What exercises are safe for obese people. I want to loose weight seriously, I am 5.5ft at 250lbs. 33yrs old male. ?

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Walking!

As a start, walking is great.
Walking 30 min 5 times per week has been shown to improve health, including delaying diabetes, improving cholesterol, and lowering bp. For most people it feels manageable and is less intimidating than a gym. If you can't do that much, just start with what you can do each day, and work toward that goal.

In brief: Walking!

As a start, walking is great.
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Marci Dietrich
agree, I would swimming or "walking" in water, especially if you have joint problems
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Bariatrics

In brief: Water aerobics

You are about 100 pounds overweight.
Must reduce calorie intake, exercise daily, ear healthy. At your weight, the chance for long term success is only 1-2%. You might consider weight loss surgery. Best exercise to lose fat is slow exercise, frequently.

In brief: Water aerobics

You are about 100 pounds overweight.
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine